Welcome to the center for Obesity Surgery
Dr Afram/Center for Obesity Surgery has been named by the American Society for Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS), A Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. The ASMBS Center of Excellence designation recognizes surgical programs with a demonstrated track record of favorable outcomes in bariatric surgery. At the Center of Obesity Surgery we offer a comprehensive program, designed to help our patients lose significant weight, keep it off, and improve their health and well-being. Our program includes:
- Extensive pre-operative evaluation and preparation
- Psychological evaluation
- Pre and post-op behavior modification program run by our psychologist, dietician, in weekly support groups
- Personal trainer Diet counseling with our registered dietician
- Life long follow up
Dr Afram performed over 6000 operations for obesity. This comprehensive program, coupled with our extensive 27 years of experience results in a high success rate (over 95%) and a very low complication rate. This makes our approach to surgery for obesity very safe and effective.
We perform the Proximal Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass through a very small (mini-lap) incision, which results in:
- Excellent cosmetic results
- Short operating time (Average 1.5 hrs)
- Short hospital stay (Average 3 days)
- Less Pain (use of narcotics 2-3 days)
- Fast recovery (back to work in 10-12 days)
- Safer results (very low complication rate)
Dr. J. Afram M.D., F.A.C.S.
Medical Director Joseph D. Afram, M.D., F.A.C.S., is a board certified surgeon with extensive experience in the surgical treatment of severe obesity since 1983. Read More
Sally Ford, Office Manager
Sally is the Office Operations Manager. She has over 24 years of Office & Hospital medical training. Read More
Colina Pugh, Accounts Manager
Colina has extensive knowledge and experience in health insurance claims and appeals. Read More
We have a licensed Nutritionist, Psychologist and a Personal Trainer on staff.